Manipulation - Part II

Besides the trick I showed you
in Manipulation - Part I

What else can you do
to photographic images
to give them new identities?

You remember the original, I'm sure.

Now
in an altered universe,
new options.


Manipulated with Photoshop CS2
Filters> Sketch>Graphic Pen
Desaturate
Increase gamma

Photoshop CS2
Filters>Artistic> Poster Edges
Fine tune with Image>Adjustments>Exposure


Just for comparison
here's the MS Digital Image Pro
poster edges filter -
a very different result!

I made a few changes to the sliders
using enhancements to the Poster Edges filter.

If you like the chalk/pastel look,


this is done with MS Digital Image Pro
Filters> Chalk Opaque.
It's a little softer, but very close to the original
in color and feel.

If you want a more "painterly" look,
we can switch to
Corel Painter Essentials 4
and play with that.

You can "autopaint" to get
a watercolor look


or, if you prefer,
an oil painting look
(a little crude by my standards)


Corel Painter Essentials 4 also has settings
for Impressionist versions (think VanGogh rather than Monet or Degas),
a Modern version (think oil painting with even less detail than above),
various watercolor options, chalk and pastel options.

What appeals to you?
Want to give it a go?

(I'm warning you - it can be addictive.)


Comments

Reya Mellicker said…
Yep. Photoshop is an art form, it really is.

Hey Meri, let me know if you want a rubbing of your friend's name at the Vietnam memorial. I couldn't find it today but while I was there I learned that there's a database that will give the exact location. I'll find it next time. If you want a rubbing, email reyasdottir@verizon.net.

xx
Anonymous said…
the possibilities are endless, eh? i can see you are having fun with these :)
Susan Tuttle said…
photomanipulation is so much fun and very addictive:)

xo

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You