Mum's the Word


My cold and I went out for an adventure today.
I couldn't seem to leave her at home, though I've tried.
I don't know why I think it's a her, but I do.
It might be because she keeps urging me to eat chocolate.
Whether she's a she or a he, it'll do her good to get a breath of fresh air.

We went to the conservatory in Wright Park in Tacoma

"Hanging On" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

and were overcome
by the beauty of the floral displays.

" Unfurling" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

She started whispering to me,
making lots of suggestions.

"Pink Princess" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

You know, said Ms. Cold,
people might like these photos.
You ought to get off your butt and get prints made.

She's pushy, this cold.

"Yellow in the Thick of Things" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian


So I said to her,
once you decide to go live in someone else's head,
I just might do that.
Are you planning to leave anytime soon?

"Cinderella Moment" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

She just smiled.
Mum's the word, she said enigmatically.

Indeed.

Comments

beth said…
I hope you're feeling better....
fresh air and flowers are better than cough drops and nasal spray any day.....
deb did it said…
thank you Meri for listening to your Muse and sharing such beautiful photos with us. Rest and be well.
poefusion said…
hope you're feeling better soon. thanks for sharing such vivid pics with us even though you weren't feeling well.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You