Turqouise: It's My Turn Now





I was looking through my Pinterest boards
in the past few days,
curating
if you will

and I noticed that my favorite color
is over-represented
there.

And guess what?
When I looked at my photo archives,
I found a lot of
blue and aqua,
the colors of water
at the edge of land.

I was curious if my favorite color
(which I'd say might be designated as aqua
or turquoise)
gave hints as to my personality.

Google to the rescue!
Here's what I found.


  • If turquoise is your favorite color, you are friendly and approachable, easy to communicate with.
  • You are compassionate, empathetic and caring.
  • You have a heightened sense of creativity and sensitivity.
  • You speak from the heart and love sharing your inner most thoughts.


  • As a personality color turquoise you usually have highly developed intuitive abilities.
  • You seek spiritual fulfillment, and you are often an evolved or 'old' soul.
  • You are trying to create balance in your life as you swing emotionally from one direction to the other. Although presenting a cool and calm exterior, and appearing to be stable and balanced, beneath the surface you may be in chaos, on an emotional roller coaster ride.


  • With a personality color turquoise, you are self-sufficient, with good self esteem and an ability to love and care for yourself.
  • You are a clear thinker and good decision maker.
  • You have good organizational and management skills.
  • With a personality color turquoise, you make a good boss, as you tend to influence others rather than be bossy and demanding.
  • You are confident and find public speaking to be easy - with your ability to focus and concentrate on the most important things and your capacity for clarity of thought, communication comes easy to you.


  • You are good at multi-tasking - focusing on one thing at a time bores you.
  • You have strong powers of perception and can be selective and discerning, balancing the pros and cons of any situation, then identifying the best way forward.
  • Your thinking can become scattered at times, particularly when you try to accomplish too much at once. This can overtire you and you become emotionally out of balance.
  • You can be self-centered, tuning in to your own needs to the exclusion of the needs of others.



Your deepest need is to create emotional balance in your life, to be able express your hopes and dreams no matter how idealistic they may be and to make your own way in the world under your own terms.




So a lot of it seems pretty accurate,
at least as much as say
a sun sign reading 
(I'm a Virgo sun, Scorpio moon, Aries ascendant)


The one thing I'd quibble over
is the multi-tasking bit. . . .
I prefer uni-focus at this point,
though I was pretty adept at multi-tasking
when my children were small.
What mother isn't?

At first I was a little incensed about
the self-centered thing,
and how I can focus on my needs
to the exclusion of the needs of others,
but then I realized. . . 
I've focused on the needs of others all my darn life.
It's my turn now.

Comments

~JarieLyn~ said…
I was thinking the description sounds a lot like me. (the turquoise) I'm a virgo sun, gemini moon (not sure was my ascending is).
e said…
Interesting, as I love all sorts of blues...I share some of the characteristics you mention though I'm crap at multi-tasking. Did you know that humans are not really wired to multitask well? I read that in a very interesting book some months ago and decided to stop feeling guilty about my lack of ability in that arena. Happy weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You